I saw this idea on tumblr and I thought it was fantastic. It’s hard to motivate yourself to exercise and this is a great way to make sure that you do at least one thing daily. The fact that you will have a variety of stuff to do and each day will be a surprise removes the monotony of exercise.
To make the exercise cups, you will need
- You will need 30/31 Popsicle sticks. One for each day of the month
- 2 glasses of plastic cups
- A sharpie
- A list of exercises you want to do. (You can target a specific body part or workout different parts of the body)
- Make the list of exercise you want. I picked 15 and these included crunches, burpees, jumping jacks, high knees, air punches, wall sits, and more.
- Write one exercise on each Popsicle and this means you will be performing the exercise twice in a month. An alternative is to have two different exercises on either side of the Popsicle and this way you have two exercises each day instead of one.
- Label your two glasses. One workouts and the second done
- Put your popsicles in the workouts cup and everyday you take out one, you do whatever workout or workouts are written on it and you transfer it to the DONE cup.
- By the end of the month, every stick should have made it to the done cup. To motivate you further, convert each popsicle to a monetary reward and buy yourself something nice