Today was day number 4 of my run everyday december challenge. I am improving daily even though the getting up is still the toughest.
Here are my four day stats.
Fastest pace, 8min/mi
Fastest pace: 10’49”
Fastest Pace: 7’35”
As you can see, My time and pace is improving daily. I’m not really pushing myself that hard just going with what my body is feeling at the time. Im running longer and only walking about 3/4 of the way. by the end of the month I hope to get my time back to under 30 minutes for the three miles.
Now on to the food. My low carb isn’t going as well and it a bit higher this week than last. I am still under my 100g a day but I wish I could get them more under the 5o range. It might be tougher this week because i made some chickpea and Swiss chard soup. recipe below. The chickpeas are a bit higher in carbs but are high in fiber and protein. plus c’mon who can give up hummus and falafel. I just need to keep in mind when i make choices on what to eat that i have a goal of 159.9lbs
Recipe: Chickpeas and Swiss chard Soup
- Two cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard. About four cups cut including stalks
- I small Zucchini
- I large onion
- I small bell pepper
- 2 large tomatoes
- Curry powder
- Coriander powder
- Black pepper
- Cumin powder
- Knor chili beef cubes
- 2Tbs tomato paste
- mixed herbs.
- Cut up the onions, tomatoes, zucchini, the bell pepper
- Sauté the onions and add all the chopped veggies. Also add the chili beef cubes and mixed herbs
- Add the tomato paste and let the mixture cook up until it starts to stick to the pot.
- Add the chickpeas and a little water to deglaze the pot.
- Add the other spices (I don’t really measure just eyeball to your liking.
- Add the Swiss chard and your stock or water.
- Let it simmer for about an hour
Makes 5 servings: enough for a week of lunches
Calories 104/ serving
Total fat 1g
Potassium 1023 mg
Total carbs 16g
Net carbs 10g