So I have been racking my brain about what to eat the night before my run. I know that is has to be carb heavy but not too calorie
I got a recipe from MoveEatcreate@wordpress.com here is a link to her recipe. http://moveeatcreate.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/recipe-koshari-pre-race-dinner-and-one-of-my-favorite-meals/
It’s Koshari, a mixture of pasta, rice and lentils. It sounds like the perfect carbload without it being too heavy. I’m trying it out today just to make sure that I it sits well with me. I don’t want to risk anything before the race.
Here are the ingredients
- I cup lentils
- I cup rice
- 1 cup small pasta
- 3 large tomatoes
- green peppers, zuchinni
- I large onion
- Olive oil
- Dried mixed herbs
10. Spices (I just threw in a bunch of spices I had in the pantry. Cumin, curry powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper)
11. 1-cup pasta sauce.
– Cook the rice, lentils and the pasta.
– Sauté the garlic, onion in oil and then add the chopped tomatoes and the green peppers and zucchin
– Add in the pasta sauce and the spices and let it cook for a few minutes
– Add the cooked rice, pasta and lentil
Tadaaa it was done!