Last weigh in: 168
I’m not mad at this. Aunt flo has been in town (so bloating is happening) and i have been sick for the past week. I haven’t had a run in 7 days or any exercise whatsoever. I also ate like crap for the past week. I’m starting to feel a lot better and planning to start going hard for the next 14 days. My marathon is on the 18th on this month which gives me exactly 14 days to get back into shape. I’m going on a strict low carb diet to lose a few pounds for the marathon. I plan on hitting the road hard this week. I learnt a lot from my 10K race last week and know that I run better when I don’t rest.
Here is a great recipe I use once in a while when i need a filling low calorie soup.
Recipe: Not your cabbage soup diet cabbage soup
- I small head of cabbage
- I small onion
- 1 large tomato
- tomato paste
- 2 carrots
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup Textured Vegetable protein (TVP)
- Water/broth 5 cups
- Spices coriander, black pepper, basil, curry powder, dried mixed herbs(Go nuts on the spices, I usually just throw in whatever I have in the pantry)
- Cut onions and sauté then in some olive oil
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, carrots and Zucchini
- Cook for a few minutes until the veggies soften and add in 2Tbs of tomato paste and dried mixed herbs
- Add the TVP and half a cup of water or broth to hydrate the TVP
- Add the chopped cabbage and over the pot to let the cabbage cook
- Once the cabbage softens, add in all the remaining spices and let it cook for a few minutes to let the spices blend in
- Add the remainder of water/broth and salt to taste
- Let it simmer for about an hour or more depending on thickness of soup.
- Can also be cooked in a crockpot
This is a healthy lowish carb and calorie soup. It is very filing and the TVP adds a lot of protein to it.
Makes 9 servings (a serving is a cup; makes it easier to measure)
Carbs: 16g net carbs:10